Why not have a go at making your own Easter eggs? Here are some top tips on getting Easter eggs or bunnies out of plastic moulds:
- Carefully temper your chocolate
- Ensure you have a thick enough coating of chocolate in your mould. Coat it twice if it looks too thin. A thicker egg wall is hardly a bad thing after all.
- Place the chocolate coated mould into the fridge for about 15-20 minutes. Check to see if the chocolate has shrunk away from the mould wall by about 1mm.
- You will see this as the chocolate shrinks away from the mould.
- Before turning the mould upside down, put a piece of cardboard over it or a chopping board. This prevents the chocolate from falling onto the bench and breaking.